Your safety is our top concern,
At Plaza Theatre Company, we continue to monitor and respond to the COVID-19 outbreak impacting our community.
Our Plans for Safety of Audience and Performers
We want to assure you that the safety of all who enter Plaza Theatre Company is our highest priority. While Governor Abbott hasn’t given specific guidance for live performance venues as of yet, we have taken the information he has offered other public venues for guidance. The following guidelines have been developed in coordination with local health officials and city officials and with their blessing. In light of the pandemic, we will be utilizing and enforcing the following strict guidelines for the safety of our patrons, volunteers, staff and performers.
Seating Limited to 50% occupancy (126 seats total).
2. We will ensure social distance in seating.
a. Two empty seats between each family or group.
b. We will leave an empty row of seats in front and behind each row.
3. We will provide social distancing signage in the lobby.
will provide multiple touchless hand sanitizer stations throughout the lobby
5. Before and after each performance, seats and all touch surfaces will be sanitized using an EPA List N registered disinfectant, applied with a ULV fogger for maximum coverage. Additionally, all touch surfaces in the lobby and bathrooms will be sanitized before the show and before intermission to ensure a bacteria free environment.
6. Disinfectant wipes will be available in the bathroom for patrons that wish to sanitize the toilet before their use for their own peace of mind.
will provide alternating urinals, sinks and toilet facilities which will be
marked off as “Not In Use” to assist in social distancing.
8. Bathrooms will be sanitized before the show and before intermission.
9. Restroom Counters will have sanitary wipes so that those using them may sanitize before each use if they desire.
Reduce Shared Surface Touching:
The front doors will be propped open when the audience arrives so that no door
handle will need to be touched.
11. The doors to the men's and women's restrooms will be propped open so that the audience does not need to touch them (in our building the restroom facilities cannot be seen from outside the doorway.)
12. Patrons will be allowed to print their own tickets at home or show their ticket on their phone to avoid picking up tickets if they choose.
13. Programs are provided but are not touched or handed out by volunteers. Instead they are placed loosely on a table for individual pickup.
Patrons will be required to wear masks when moving through the lobby and
theatre. They may remove their mask once they are comfortably seated. We
realize there are some who wish to debate mask effectiveness, but we are
choosing to err on the side of caution regarding masks in public and will
require all who enter to comply.
15. If patrons arrive without a mask, one will be provided to them at the door.
Patron & Staff Screening:
An IR thermometer will be used to check temperatures of patrons as they enter
the building. If the patron has a temperature of 100.4 or higher they are taken
to a private area and scanned again and perhaps asked to come to the show on a
17. We will request all who may be feeling symptomatic in any way to not attend and to reschedule for a future performance when they feel better. Our ticketing policies will be relaxed to allow for late exchanges if necessary.
18. All staff and volunteers will be required to wear face masks. ALL entering whether backstage or front-of-house will be screened at the door for symptoms of COVID-19 including temperature checks and will be barred from entering if they show any of these signs.
Ticket and Concession Counters
Our ticket counter and concession stand will be shielded with acrylic sneeze
20. Concession counter -
a. On top of following existing food handling protocols additional training required for staff/volunteers work the concession stand specifically on how we will give the food to the patrons.
b. Contactless payment will be encouraged but only one person takes or distributes money.
c. Only one volunteer will work the popcorn popper and may not hand the popcorn to the patron, instead it will be set on a counter as ordered so that the patron can retrieve themselves.
d. Only one volunteer will fill the drinks and straws which are individually wrapped in paper. The drinks and straws will be placed on the counter as ordered to be picked up by the patron.
e. Candy bars are behind the counter and given to the patron as ordered instead of them being allowed to pick it up themselves.
f. Social distance markers are placed on the floor to encourage social distancing while in line.
Backstage Safety for Performers and Crew During Rehearsal or Performance
1. Those attending rehearsal and while backstage will be
asked to wear a protective mask when possible. Anyone at rehearsal or backstage
will be asked to maintain this 6 foot distance from
anyone else at rehearsal or backstage. The Stage Manager will monitor and
enforce this policy.
2. Anyone attending rehearsal or arriving for performances will be checked for fever before being allowed into rehearsal or backstage. If fever exists, that person will not be permitted into Plaza property. If anyone associated with the show feels ill in any way, especially if they exhibit any of the symptoms of COVID-19, they are asked to notify the Stage Manager and to remain away as long as they are symptomatic. In cases where it is warranted, the person will be encouraged to be tested. The Stage Manager will monitor and enforce this policy.
3. Anyone attending rehearsal or arriving for performances will be asked to frequently wash hands with soap and water, to use hand sanitizer which will be provided in ample amounts after coughing, sneezing or touching their face, to cough or sneeze into a tissue or their elbow, and to maintain a safe distance from others in attendance at all times. The Stage Manager will monitor and enforce this policy.
4. Everyone on Plaza property during rehearsals and backstage at performances will be asked to apply extra vigilance in maintaining distance from and avoiding contact with others in attendance. The Stage Manager will be the representative for the Company in all matters relating to these guidelines and will be the on site authority for ensuring full and complete compliance from all.
5. Cast and crew sizes backstage will be kept to an absolute minimum. No one but cast and crew will be permitted backstage.
6. All parts of Plaza facilities in use will receive constant thorough anti-bacterial cleaning with a particular emphasis on areas that are frequently used and touched such as doors and door knobs. This cleaning policy will be maintained via a predetermined schedule which will be monitored and adhered to by Plaza custodial staff.
We are all in this together
In such a unique situation we appreciate your patience as we go through this process.
JaceSon and Tina Barrus
Aaron and Milette Siler